February 3, 2024 | 6:30 pm
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church
9214 Main St, Needville, TX 77461
The Coastal Plains recognition event is an opportunity to thank the district’s incredibly dedicated volunteers for their many contributions to our highly successful year of Scouting and to recognize the magnificent achievements of the current Eagle Scout Class! The district's outstanding leaders at both the unit and district levels will also be recognized. All volunteers in the Coastal Plains District, as well as the newest Eagle Scouts, are invited to attend this grand event!
Adult volunteer and Scout awards will be presented, the newest Eagle Scouts will be recognized and door prizes will be given while dining on great food.
Please bring a Scouting or camping-related door prize to donate. The names of the Eagle Scouts will be drawn first, followed by other honor guests, so the more door prizes the better chance that many attendees can join in on the fun.
The cost for the dinner is $21.95 for adults and $16.95 for Scouts. Tickets are payable online with a credit card or electronic check and covers food, facility rental fees, and awards.
All 2023 Eagle Scouts must have official recognition back from the National BSA offices to be recognized at this event.
There is no onsite registration. Registration closes 1/30/24. Council refund policy.
Due by January 15, 2024
Nominate Scouts and Scouters who have served Coastal Plains District youth above and beyond the call of duty.
Nomination Form Previous Award Winners
• Certificate of Appreciation (for individuals or organizations outside of Scouting who have supported the Scouting within the district)
• Certificate of Volunteering Excellence (for Scouters who have displayed excellence in volunteering and/or leading district activities)
• Coastal Plains Award (for Scouters who have actively supported district activities over an extended period of time and given substantial leadership)
• Cub Scout of the Year Award (one Cub Scout per pack)
• District Award of Merit (for individuals who render noteworthy service to youth in and/or outside of Scouting)
• District Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year Award (one project will be chosen)
• Family of the Year Award (for families who exemplify contributions of noteworthy service)
• Jerry Vyvial Gator Award (for Scouters who have provided commendable service to the district over an extended period of time)
• Scout of the Year Award (one Scout per troop or crew)
• Walter Meyer Commissioner Award (for a commissioner who has provided outstanding service to their units and the district)
• Unit Service Award (nominations are submitted by the unit key 3 for Scouters who have made meaningful contributions to support their unit)
For questions, contact the event chair or the district activities or program chair.